Monday 4 July 2011

Shock Announcement

I hereby announce the existence of the upcoming Maths tour. Yes John Foxx and The Maths will be taking our album Interplay on the road in October. I don't know all the exact dates yet but will post them as soon as I do

One particular Gig that I am really looking forward to is at the Unsound Festival in Krakow Poland. The line up looks great and not the usual festival stalwarts, but people I really like like Chris & Cosey and Morton Subotnick (who has made a few appearances on this very blog). I am so happy about that

The Festival has a theme this year (a good idea) which is 'Future Shock', as in the 1970 book by Alvin Toffler. The book is a cautionary vision of the future (from a very 1970-perspective) warning against "too much change in too short a period of time". In 1972 a fantastic documentary was made based on the book, featuring a doomy Orson Welles and music by Gil Melle. You can watch it on youtube - below is the 1st 10 minute segment, there are 5 in total. Some of it is very funny because it is so out of date, like the idea, for example, of people being able to genetically change the colour of their skin. Thats mental

More info on the festival here



There is also a Future Shock tumblr page here; below are some animated gifs I found there:















No comments:

Post a Comment