Saturday 11 June 2011

Abbey National

I have posted about EMI mixing consoles before and before on this blog, so I was highly excited to see that there is arguably their best and most prestigious desk for sale at the moment. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford it right now, and for that reason I have become very sad. Because I know that this caliber of desk will NEVER become available again. This is the main console at the heart of Abbey Road between 1971 and 1984, so just think of all the amazing records that have its sonic imprint. It truly is a part of our national heritage, and I think it is as important to our cultural history as just about anything. So if there are any readers out there who want to help keep this important artifact here in the UK (in my studio) just let me know, I have shipped large consoles before from america

I have posted more on this over on my other blog if you are interested







1 comment:

  1. Benge, how much do you think they want for the console? What would you anticipate are shipping costs? Let me know via iking5@btinternet.com.

    Cheers Ian

    ReplyDelete