Wednesday 11 October 2017

Summation Operation


My new Korg Sigma, a totally bonkers and short-lived mono synth from 1979. I wanted to try sequencing it, and as I don't have an appropriate Hz-to-Volt analog sequencer (mine are all Volt-per-Octave) I had to rig up a really cumbersome workaround. This involved using the Moog 960 sequencer to output V/Oct CV out to the Kenton CV-to-MIDI converter which output MIDI to the Future Retro Mobius sequencer MIDI input which converted to Hz/V to be sent to the CV input of the Sigma. PHEW! The drums were patched on the Moog Modular. I used two gate outputs of the sequencer to trigger the bass drum and snare sounds, which I had to sum with a mixer. Turns out this summation operation uses the Greek letter ∑ as its mathematical symbol - thats right folks, SIGMA!

13 comments:

  1. Happy to see your post as it is just what I’ve looking for. I am looking forward to another great post from you.
    E-waste recycling chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this useful post. This post is really insightful; it has helped me understand so many things.
    E-waste recycling company in Pune

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such great piece of information with us.
    E-waste recycling in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great blog. I am pretty much impressed with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up.
    Benefit of E-waste management

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see your post as it is just what I’ve looking for. Please keep it up.
    E-waste recycling in Kolkata
    Extended Producer Resposibility

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have perused your Post; it is exceptionally useful for me. What’s more, I need to express profound gratitude to you.
    E-waste recycling in Vishakhapatnam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for writing such a great post. Keep it up. BRP INFOTECH is a reputed company which is dealing in E-Waste Recycling in Delhi-India and it has been serving the nation by reducing the excess amount of e-waste material that is harming our atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice blog on this website. It is really difficult to get this kind of with useful information. I will eagerly look forward to your upcoming updates. Thanks for sharing it here. BRP INFOTECH is one of the best E-waste company in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank yo very much for the detailed information.This is useful for me.I waiting for your next post.E-waste recycling solution in India.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post. I am pretty much impressed with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. E-waste recycling plant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post and it's informative too. Thanks for sharing and you can also check e waste recycling companies in india

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the wonderful post and it looks useful. ewaste recycling chennai

    ReplyDelete