Saturday 14 January 2023

2021/2022 - What I've Been Doing

These last couple of years have been the usual busy mixture of music making, collaborating, synth-building and video making around Memetune Central



The aftermath of the random pandemic (randemic?) saw a few changes to my working patterns, but I still managed to complete 2 UK tours (in 2021 Oblong supported Blancmange on half their UK shows, and 2022 Oblong then me and Steven Mallinder did support slots)



A ton of collaborative albums were made at Memetune, and the usual slew of solo (Benge) albums, one of which I am very proud of (The Dreamer), as it saw my first Cassette release, after a long time only doing digital albums



I managed to build several incredible modular systems into new cabinets, with the help of Chris The Carpenter, one of which, the Buchla 200, was a life long dream come true, after I decided way back in the early 1990s that this was the best looking synthesiser EVER made - and now I have made it a reality for Metetune to posess such a beast



I also finally got the Synergy and Kaypro digital synthesis system going (thanks Dani!) as well as adding quite a few mega-synths to the studio line up (Rhodes Chroma, Roland Jupiter 6, Jupiter 4, System 100, MC4, JD800)



And I got into my drumming again, mainly as a result of playing live with Oblong. Its one of my true loves of life, and was my first intrument, so I've made a new years resolution to practice more my chops. And I couldn't resist buying myself a little xmas pressie - a completely beautiful Yamaha Recording Custom YD9000 kit from 1982 (I'll post more about this later)



Another major achievement was setting up my Video Lab workspace in the studio, where in 2022 something very important (to me) happened - the making of the Memetune Programme TV Series One - six episodes of vintage synth indulgence written, performed, presented, filmed, edited and produced all on my tod



I also started doing my instagramming in earnest (one reason its been a bit less busy on this blog), so head over there and follow me if you don't already for an almost daily account of the goings on 'in and around the electronic studio' (instagram.com/memetunestudio)



Here are the albums that were MADE AT MENETUNE by me and my collaborators - so proud of all of them, but especially the ongoing projects with my friends and heroes (by the way, there is one enormous album that we did recently here, but it cannot be announced yet!)

BLLANCMANGE (with Neil Arthur) - Commercial Break


CAMPBELL MALLINDER AND BENGE - Clinker


FADER (with Neil Arthur) - Quartz


STEPHEN MALLINDER - Tick Tick Tick


BLANCMANGE - Private View


OBLONG - Sing Along With Oblong


And here are my solo albums released since 2021


And finally, it is with much pride and honour, that I hereby announce we now have an official Meme-Mobile

4 comments:

  1. dream car of my chilhood i had it ... Smartti1970

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey S1970 - yes me too! email me here - benspost@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. πŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“Š
      πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
      πŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠπŸ“ŠInvestment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $2000.00 and got back $20,500.00 within 7 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge. If you are new to cryptocurrency I would recommend you contact him through Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM or his WhatsApp : +1424(285)-0682 , tell him I referred you✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻

      Delete
  2. hey S1970 - yes me too! email me here - benspost@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete