Monday 22 February 2021

Jupiter On Acid


















Look at this amazing artifact. It's a Roland Jupiter 6 (one of Roland's most interesting instruments) that was pimped up by UK space-rock pioneers HAWKWIND

The other day my Jupiter 6 broke down mid-arpeggiation. So I made the call to "Mr Fixer" (Keith), who suggested he could take my Jupiter in for repair and, most generously, lend me his Jupiter so that I could continue my very important arpeggiations

I was aware that Keith was actually a member of the aforementioned space-rock supergroup in the early 2000s, and to my amazement the Jupiter that we exchanged was one that had been transformed into the space-psych-acid-soaked-fire-licked-pimp-my-synth masterpiece that you see before you here

Apparently it was originally bought new by Ozric Tentacles who sold it to Hawkwind bassist Alan Davey and he did the paint-job, or maybe it was Alan Powell the drummer. Anyway Davey used to trigger the Jupiter by hitting it with the end of his bass guitar

Keith also mentioned that the presets programmed into the JP6 were done when he was on acid, and are therefore completely bonkers. Judge for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment