Wednesday 14 September 2011

Salamanders

I mentioned that I visited Chris Muir in Alameda to check out the Pendulum / Ratchet module. Well while I was there in his workshop / studio I noticed a huge and wonderful looking modular synth standing in the corner. As it turns out Chris worked on the design and manufacture of the SMS synths back in the day, and this was his personal system. Nowadays it gets a little bit neglected in favour of the Buchla, but it sure looked pretty. SMS's most successful product was the Voice 400, pictured at the bottom. Synth-tastic






1 comment:

  1. I have a brand new SMS 430 controller in a flight case. I've owned it for 20 years, it's never been used. Any idea as to it's value? I'm a guitar player and I have no use for it. Thanks! I can provide pictures. Please contact me at echoplexi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete